N,N-Dimethylaminoethanol formate (DMAE formate) is a viscous liquid at room temperature. It is known to be easy to recover and purify after use through conventional distillation. This allows it to be reused multiple times. Key attributes include
- ease of reuse, non-volatile, and thermally stability
- dissolves biopolymers such as agarose, starch, cellulose, keratin, etc.
- halogen-free ionic liquid which does not pose degradation and corrosive danger associated with halogen-based ionic liquids
Exemplary applications include
- energy efficient reversible CO2 capture medium
- stable electrolyte in dye-sensitized solar cells, secondary batteries, electrochromic displays, supercapacitors, electrolytic membranes, fuel cells, electrochemical sensors or biosensors, and actuators