2-Hydroxyethylammonium formate is one of the simplest ionic liquids. This ionic liquid is miscible with many solvents, both aqueous and organic. It is a sustainable chemical because of its low volatility, high chemical and physical stability, recyclable, reusable, and easy to handle. Exemplary applications include
- stable electrolytes in dye-sensitized solar cells, secondary batteries, electrochromic displays, supercapacitors, electrolytic membranes, fuel cells, electrochemical sensors or biosensors, and actuators
- solvent for Ni electrodeposition
- biorefinery solvent for biopolymers such as agarose, starch, cellulose, zein protein, etc.
- solvent for synthesis of TiO2 nanoparticles
Colorless viscous liquid
• Product ID : MEAFO
• CAS : 53226-35-0
• Molecular formula : C3H9NO3
• Molecular mass : 107.11g/mol
Important attributes include:
- liquid does not freeze at temperatures around 0°C
- universal solvent for both inorganic salts and organic compounds.
- extremely low freezing point (−82°С).
- high conductivities, low viscosities and a lower toxicity for electrochemical application without the observed disadvantages of ionic liquids based in chloroaluminates
- unlike halogenated ionic liquids, formate ionic liquids are relatively hydrolysis stable compounds
- more user-friendly, halogen-free ionic liquid.
- has the highest electrical conductivity, lowest shear viscosity, and lowest melting point among other ionic liquids