Granular white powder
• Product ID: 100FO14-100G & 100FO14-500G
• CAS Number: 590-29-4
• Molecular formula: KOOCH
• Molecular mass: 84.12g/mol
• Mp: 167-168°C
Potassium formate (KOOCH) is hygroscopic. Store KOOCH in a sealed container and under dry conditions.
Applications / Uses
Reducing agent, heat transfer fluid, hydrogen fuel, electroplating bath stabilizer, potassium diformate (mold inhibitor) precursor, drilling fluid, secondary refrigerant, airport runway deicer, biomolecule crystallization agent, dehumidifier desiccant, etc.
- KOOCH is compatible with everyday materials such as glass, brass, bronze, stainless steel, cast iron, and copper.
- KOOCH can be used alone or as a blend with other salts, solvents, additives and brines
- KOOCH exhibits exceptional solubility (up to 76wt% in water)
- KOOCH is also soluble in alcohols
- Wet KOOCH can be easily regenerated at low temperature by heating to evaporate absorbed moisture, hence its solutions can be recycled for multiple uses.
- Can be oxidized to carbon dioxide
- Affords tunable thermo-responsive properties by varying the KOOCH loading up to 80wt%
- Low freezing point of minus 60°
- For heat transfer uses, liquid KOOCH is
- at least twice cheaper than CaCl2, LiCl, and LiBr
- less corrosive than acid generating LiBr, LiCl, or CaCl2 solutions
- stays dissolved unlike halide salts that easily crystallize affecting performance instantly
- less viscous fluid that affords increased energy savings due to reduced drive power of the pumps.
- For deicing uses, KOOCH
- does not leave behind ugly track marks like rock salt and calcium chloride
- does not damage carpet or asphalt
- does not irritate pets
- spraying is more precise than rock salt affording more coverage per volume
- starts deicing in less than 2 minutes
- pins on to sprayed surfaces and continues to deice for a longer period than rock salt.
- Is compatible with commonly available liquid applicators and fixed automated spray technology which cuts down the spraying labor to zero
KOOCH solution at 30wt% (030FO14), 50wt% (050FO14) or saturated form (070FO14) loading.
- The minimum order quantity is 50g.
- Standard delivery time is 7 days
- You can purchase products online.